Thursday, May 10, 2012

Oil + Heat + Rubber = Disaster

Was feeling a bit bored, so I decided to go lie down under my car. Jacked up the car on stands, brought out my papan tidur and assumed my most relaxing positing under my lion.

Was looking here and looking there, checking the condition of mountings and rubber boots, then something dahsyat caught my eye.

The bottom radiator hose was drenched with engine oil. I guess every time the oil filter is changed, engine oil is inevitably spilled unto this water hose.


Oil on rubber with heat is a very bad combination. Sooner or later the hose will break. So please check the condition of your bottom radiator hose. Get it washed as soon as possible or get it replaced is the hose is already damaged. Imagine the hose breaking and your engine overheating suddenly. Worst case scenario a burnt head gasket --> overhaul time.

3 comments:

  1. Hey may i know where did this leakage came from or it's just a careless spill when you're changing the oil? I'm a 206B owner as well and after i serviced it at my friend's workshop, i had a leakage at the oil filter housing. Is it normal if i put a lil bit too much oil inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case, its just careless spillage when changing the oil filter. If the housing is leaking, then most probebly its from the O-ring not installed properly.

    ReplyDelete