Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Engine Oil and Filter, Routine Maintenance

Over the years, I've been asked many times about oil changes..how often to do it? what type of engine oil to use? What should I do to keep my car in excellent condition.

 Here I Share what I've been doing the past 5 years, and has so far clocked 170,000+kms.



 Oil Changes are done every 10,000kms using Semi Synthetic Oil. I don't see the point of using Fully Synthetic Oil for a 1.4 8V engine. Mineral Oil would also be good enough. I usually use either TOTAL Quartz 7000 10W-40 or Petronas Syntium 800 10W-40. Lately I've been using Petronas as its much easier to get.



















Always use genuine oil filter. Never compromise on that. Back in 2009 the oil filter used to cost almost RM50. Now you can get it as low as RM20 from my online store  here
http://www.foreverdeals.asia/Online-Store.html

Once a year, regardless of mileage, change the air filter. I also open up and clean the rear drum brakes. Tighten undercarriage. 

Every two years or 40,000kms, I change my brake fuild, power steering fuid and engine coolant.

For the Gearbox, I change the AL4 gearbox oil every 40,000kms or once a year.

Check all rubber bushes and mountings every 20,000kms.

Change timing belt every 80,000kms.

The rest just change parts when they are worn out.



4 comments:

  1. hello,
    the oil filter for Naza Bestari, is it still available for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Please check my online store at www.foreverdeals.asia . tq

      Delete
  2. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. Best Car Oil Filters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks! עמדות טעינה לרכב חשמלי

    ReplyDelete